Technique manicure “veil” or “pantyhose” in itself is no longer a new one, but in it, as well as in classical manicure (french and lunar), there are a lot of different innovations. To decorate the nails use a variety of sets of rhinestones, pigments, flickering colored powders, coatings with various effects, foil and other accessories and decor.
In this review, let’s look at fresh manicure trends that can be applied to the design of the “veil” and learn how to make this beautiful manicure at home.
Classical “Veil” on the nails: how to do?
For a start, we’ll figure out how to make a manicure with a veil effect at home. In fact, not everything is as complicated as it seems at first glance. To work, you need a black or very dark gel-varnish, if desired, additionally any color coating, top, base, palette and two brushes (one classic wide brush, second brush with a short thin synthetic pile for drawing small details and contour).
Photo of the classic manicure “Veil”
Step-by-step instruction for performing manicure in Veil technique
- First we prepare nails for applying shellac. We give a roughened buff, remove dust and excess moisture by special means for degradation and degreasing, then we apply a basic coating.
- Next is the magic – create the same veil effect from improvised means. Mix on the palette black or dark gel-varnish with top or base (as you like), the ratio is 1: 5. We cover one or two nails with the resulting translucent composition. To do this, it is better to use a wide flat brush. On the rest of the nails, we apply a regular gel-lacquer. We dry. We take a thin brush for drawing of small details and gel-varnish, gel-paint or gel-paste of a black shade we put drawing with a kind of monograms, laces, colors or geometrical figures.
- The resulting design of the veil is covered with a glossy top.
Veil with geometric pattern
Veil with a picture of peas
Veil with monograms
A veil with a beautiful bow
Veil with monograms sprinkled with colored powder
Some masters prefer to make a matt manicure “pantyhose”. To do this, at the last stage you need to use matting, and not the standard top, resulting in a dramatic dark manicure .
For convenience of performance of a classical manicure «veil» it is possible to use ready translucent structures for design of nails – stained glass gel-varnishes. The classic color design solution in the veil style is black or dark brown. But lately an extravagant red veil and a white wedding veil have been increasingly common. They are performed using a similar technology, differ only in tint.
Classical black veil
The attractive red veil
Wedding white veil
Unusual blue veil
New manicure with a veil effect
To create a fashionable manicure in the technique of “veil”, use novelties of materials and accessories for the design of nails. Interesting nail design options can be thought up by combining in one design a veil and a metallic coating made with the help of a wipe. Also in the trend of inlaid with crystals and rhinestones. Instead of monograms on a translucent nail, you can depict a stylish geometric ornament, a pattern with notes and a treble clef, a star ornament, bows and other unusual prints. One of the most effective designs is the design of a strip, which is laid out with colored or monochromatic rhinestones and a microbiaser, the rim is made in the form of thin vertical strips of black gel-lacquer.
- Combined manicure of a veil with a rub
- Vertical strip design
- Design with crystals
- Manicure veil with geometric pattern
To make the volume of the picture on the nails often use sand or acrylic powder, which is sprinkled with a gel-varnish before drying in the lamp.
- Fashionable manicure “Veil” with sand
And finally, a couple of interesting photos of combined design with a veil gel-varnish and beautiful drawings on the nails. The veil can be combined with different shades of gel-varnish and complemented with accessories.
Design of “pantyhose”
Veil with monograms
Veil with lace
Veil with flowers
Black and red veil
Other Figures and Ornaments